Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Killing of Stringer Bell

R.I.P. String; we thought you were smarter than that. But, like Omar says, the game is the game.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you obviously haven't seen the best TV show of recent years, the third season of which has just finished on Finnish TV. God knows why, but MTV3 saw fit to bury it at 11.30 pm on Saturday night. Presumably the core audience was made up of young parents like myself who no longer have social lives, and hence nothing better to be doing on late on Saturday nights? I guess we have disposable income to attract advertisers now we no longer go to bars, clubs, cinemas, restaurants or indeed any other form of non-domestic entertainment...

I think in the US the fourth and final season of the Wire has recently finished. At least I've got ten hours or so still to go with Baltimore's finest and slightly-less-than-fine. Now with String gone and Avon facing 7 to life, the only question left is who is the coolest of those still standing: Omar or Brother Mouzone? I've gotta go for the brother with the twelve-guage. Y'feel me?

The Wire - TV don't get no better.

No comments: