Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The price of fame...

...seems to be sleep deprivation. I was asked yesterday to go on the Finnish Broadcasting Company's morning breakfast show (YLE Aamu TV) today to talk about al-Qaeda, particularly in the light of the recent CBS story about possible Christmas attacks in Europe. So I got up at 5 am to make myself look presentable, have some breakfast and still be at their studio for 6.25 am. Now its mid-afternoon, I'm knackered and on about my third coffee in three hours to try and stop me falling asleep on my keyboard. After my 2 am appearance on US radio last week I'm starting to wonder why can't journalists ask me to do something at a reasonable hour?

2 comments:

مارية said...

Makes me glad all my contacts with journalists are via email. No getting up at 5am for me!

Anonymous said...

Stop moaning and imagine what it's like being one of those journalists who has to get people up at that hour every day ;)