Friday, April 11, 2008

All quiet on the Northern Light front...

It has not been a good week to put it mildly. But I made it through without crying or punching anyone - despite coming close to both. When your workplace can lead the evening national news, you can perhaps take the hint that there is trouble in paradise. Oh well - next Monday is another work week, another five days' of opportunities to cry, commit violence, or just hide under your desk whimpering.

More regular blogging will resume when I find where I left my sanity.

3 comments:

Jussi Hyttinen said...

Sounds like you need a hug!

Quizbo said...

Sounds to me like you need a drink... just not at work ; )

Loved the line from Professor Seppo Koskinen in the Helsingin Sanomat - “If a civil servant in a senior position is drinking heavily in private, let alone if he is appearing drunk in public, then it is always going to be a more blameworthy action. Civil servants are expected to display proper discipline in these things”

Only a professor could deliver that kind of line with a straight face : )

Iain Forrest said...

I don't know you, of course, but I very much enjoy reading your blog and your posts on UKC.
So, hope you're OK and things get better for you soon.

Cheers,

Iain

There was an error in this gadget